Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
- - Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- -1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- -1/4 teaspoon paprika, if desired
- -2 tablespoons butter, melted
- -2 cups dry small elbow macaroni
- -2 tablespoons butter
- -2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- -1 (12 oz) can PET® Evaporated Milk
- -1/2 cup water
- -1/2 teaspoon salt
- -2 cups (8 oz) shredded Cheddar or sharp Cheddar cheese
- -1 cup (4 oz) pasteurized prepared cheese product
HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray 1-1/2 quart baking dish with no-stick spray. Combine breadcrumbs, paprika and melted butter in a small bowl.
MELT 2 tablespoons butter in a 4-quart saucepan. Whisk in flour, stirring constantly until bubbly and lightly browned. Add evaporated milk, water and salt. Simmer, stirring until thickened. Stir in cheese. Cook over low heat until mixture is smooth. Add cooked macaroni. Stir until cheese sauce coats pasta evenly. Pour into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with breadcrumb topping.
BAKE for 26-28 minutes or until bubbly and light golden brown.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6), Calories 530 (Calories from Fat 530), Total Fat 30g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 95mg, Sodium 810mg, Total Carbohydrate 42g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 8g), Protein 23g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 25%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.